With more than 20 years' experience working with a number of fast paced, brand-driven, consumer product companies, I’m a proven leader in operations and project management. My entire career has been spent working within rapidly growing or changing organizations. I’ve been the person driving change AND keeping business operations on track at the same time.
Implementing major technology changes seamlessly (which is uncommon!) has helped members of my team “up their game” so they could perform at a higher level with even better results. My understanding of the strategic roadmap, along with the myriad of details about how a change will impact current operations – sprinkled in with humor and empathy along the way - has allowed many companies to keep their capabilities aligned or ahead of their growth with a minimum of discomfort.
My focus has been selecting, implementing and optimizing Information Systems applications (both Enterprise and Web systems), process improvement initiatives along with the management of operational functional areas such as contact center/customer service, sourcing/supply chain, distribution and accounting and human resources.
STRENGTHS & QUALIFICATIONS:
IT/ Operations Management:
More than 20 years’ experience in developing, implementing & managing various systems and applications including: IT, Human Resources, Supply Chain, Customer Service, Distribution & Finance in rapidly growing firms. Experienced professional with proven track record of providing clear leadership through all phases of growth and change in organizations using tactical and strategic planning.
Program & Project Management:
Demonstrated results in initiating, developing & managing programs/projects across multiple functional areas focusing on maximizing revenue & profits using realistic, practical solutions. Industry expertise includes brand-focused wholesale, manufacturing, multi-channel retail & business technology consulting organizations.
Strong team leader & culture builder in newly created or existing organizations. Effective across dimensions of people, processes, tools & metrics.
VP of IT/CHP
Country Home Products (DR Power), Vergennes, VT, 2014-2018
Positioned IT department to be attractive to acquirers; navigated through SAP integration with Generac (purchaser). Manage IT staff of 9 who develop & implement projects in a fragmented IT environment - custom development, technical web development, custom data warehouse, reporting & BI, help desk support, updates to purchased applications and infrastructure, process improvement and improved use of tools. Member of CHP Exec Team.
- Implemented an IT program management and comprehensive project tracking methodology, included departmental stakeholder review & prioritization.
- Developed a cascading goal setting process that aligns company objectives to the department and individual resource level through quarterly goal setting and weekly work planning.
- Created IT KPIs to track service (average of over 10 days to close a ticket to less than 2) and satisfaction (7% improvement year over year) measures.
- Oversee ongoing PCI compliance initiatives, including risk review, evaluation and prioritization of known gaps and subsequent project development.
- Increased expertise and throughput of the IT team by identifying and addressing key knowledge gaps and improving team collaboration.
- Collaborated with Generac team to align CHP to Generac systems, including planning for SAP implementation.
- Manage yearly IT Contracts (1M) & IT Capital Budget (700k).
Competitive Computing (C2), Colchester, Vt, 2011-March 2014
Directed Process Improvement, Operational Reporting, Recruitment, Orientation & Resource Planning/Management for a business technology consulting firm.
- Developed & managed delivery plans in support of practice objectives & client business value, including project schedules, budgets, status, risk/issue management & financial reporting for a $12M program.
- Developed Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) framework aligning technical solutions to client strategic objectives. Created templates, client & training presentations.
- Implemented a project management process including program & cross-project process standards & custom Sharepoint site which standardized processes, improved communication at all levels.
- Positioned the organization for rapid growth (60%+ growth in revenue) through improved definition of roles, better & more flexible resourcing planning, use of junior and contractor resources, more effective recruiting and orientation.
ISIS (Juno Rising Inc), Burlington, VT, 2001-2011
Directed Sourcing, Purchasing, Human Resources, IT, Customer Service, Distribution & Accounting for a wholesaler of women’s outdoor clothing. Member of executive management team, developed company strategy, reviewed product line, collaborated on sales & marketing initiatives.
- Led multiple initiatives in all functional areas to enable the organization to growth smoothly & efficiently from $1M to $7M, during 5 year period when sales growth averaged 43%.
- Positioned organization to handle planned growth by selecting & implementing new ERP system which resulted in a staff decrease of 25% with same level of sales & increased service levels.
- Created new roles & recruited for executive positions in sales, marketing & product development.
- Created and implemented company policies, an employee manual, job descriptions & employee benefit programs. Assisted in creation of company mission & guiding principles. Developed vendor manual, operational procedures & training manuals.
Champlain College, Burlington, VT 2001 to 2008
Adjunct Professor - Taught project management course (live & online), including curriculum development.
Bock Interactive Inc., Burlington VT 2000 to 2001
Business Manager - Operations & Project Management for an ecommerce Yahoo! Store consultancy.
Garmont USA/Exel Marketing, Williston, VT/Peabody, MA 1995 to 2000
VP Operations - Led Purchasing, IT & Customer Service for an outdoor footwear wholesaler.
- Selected & successfully implemented new ERP system & website.
- Streamlined systems, resulting in 20% staff decrease for same sales volume.
- Moved 2 divisions to new Vermont location with all new staff.
Mad River Canoe, Waitsfield, VT 1989 to 1995
VP Operations - Managed IT, Financial Reporting and Customer Service for a growing canoe manufacturer.
McAuliffe, Inc., Burlington, VT 1987 to 1989
VP Data Processing and Distribution - Managed IT and Distribution for a 300+ user office supply distributor.
Merrell Boot Company, Waitsfield/Williston, VT 1982 to 1987
VP Administration - Managed all administrative functions for a startup that became a national brand.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
University of Vermont; Burlington, VT
Masters of Business Administration; Business Honor Society 1989
Cornell University: Ithaca, NY
Bachelor of Arts: Psychology 1981
American Society of Quality
Certified Manager of Quality & Organizational Excellence 2012
Project Management Institute
Project Manager Professional 2012-current